Welcome to Southwark Bridge Class
A warm welcome to Southwark Class children, parents and carers.
Our Southwark team are:
Class teacher-Miss Oasgood
Class teaching assistants - Mrs Glenn & Miss Griffiths
Please feel free to write us a note in your child’s homework diary, come and talk to us after school any day or phone the school to speak to us directly if there is anything you wish to discuss concerning your child.
Recommended reading books for Year 4:
- A wide selection of quality books have been purchased for this class this year and your child is encouraged to take home a book every day. Each time you sign to show your child has read at home, they will receive a marble towards their team jar. The team with the most marbles at the end of the week will be crown team of the week!
- Homework will be set on Friday and due in the following Friday unless stated otherwise on the homework (A longer time will be set for projects)
- Spellings will be learnt at school and tested on Mondays. Please click on link: school-links-spellingjournalyear4southwark-1
- In your child’s homework diary, they will have a green stamp at the end of each day to show they are following our school’s ‘Good to be Green’ behaviour policy. If they do not get a green stamp it is because they have not ended the day on a green card or have received a red card during the day. You will be notified by text if a red card consequence has occurred.
We have now reached the last week of term! This week our learning will be as follows;
- In English we will plan a story in the style of a Greek Myth before we create the myth in comic strip form.
- In Mathematics we will extend our learning using games and problem solving activities.
- In science we will finish our work on teeth and digestion.
- Our blocked foundation subject will be RE. We will learn about Christmas Journeys.
Southwark Class will have their last swimming lesson on Tuesday. Millennium Class will have PE on Tuesday and Friday.
On Thursday morning we will visit St Andrew’s Church to extend our RE learning.
We will watch an online Pantomime on Wednesday and have our Christmas party on Thursday.
This week our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will continue our work on multiplication and division.
- In English we will learn about the features of newspaper articles. We will then write our own newspaper article based on the story of Daedalus and Icarus.
- In science we will continue our work on teeth and digestion.
- Our blocked foundation subject will be Design and Technology. We will construct and evaluate our own packaging.
We would be grateful if children could bring in newspaper articles in time for Tuesday’s lesson.
Millennium Class will do PE on Tuesday and Friday. Southwark Class will swim on Tuesday and do PE on Thursday.