The children were introduced to Lotte’s Reiniger’s version of Hansel and Gretel and they are familiar with the story. This week the children will be retelling the story of Hansel and Gretel in their own words. They will use their story mountain and their knowledge of the video to help them.
We will encourage the children to show us the characters’ journey through their use of language. We will be looking for:
- use of adventurous adjectives to describe nouns
- different sentence types – questions, commands, statements and exclamations
- conjunctions in order to join sentences together
- different sentence starters
- correct use of capital letters and full stops.
Later on, in the week, the children will write an apology letter to the witch from Hansel or Gretel. We will first look at features of an apology letter before we write our own.
We will continue with the addition and subtraction block.
- to add a 1-digit to 2-digit number (bridging)
- to add a 1-digit to 2-digit number (PV chart)
- to subtract 1-digit from 2-digit number (number lines)
- to subtract 1-digit from 2-digit number (PV chart)
- add 2 2-digit numbers not crossing 10’s (number lines)
Our ICT slot is on Tuesday afternoon. This week we will continue to explore programming. We are the programmers of the future!
Ministrings will continue every Wednesday. This week we will play some instruments that belong in the string family. Children will take part in a Harvest Assembly.