Maths – This week in maths, we shall be learning the following:
* I can estimate and approximate area (Continue & finish).
* I can identify different 2D shapes and describe their properties (Recap Y4).
* I can measure angles in degrees using a protractor (multiples of 10).
* I can precisely measure angles using a protractor.
* I can accurately draw lines and angles using geometrical tools.
* I can calculate angles on a straight line.
English/History – We shall be continuing our diary writing unit. This week we shall be taking a cross-curricular approach (History) with our writing. We shall be comparing eduction in the Victorian times to modern times. We shall then be building a character profile of a victorian child and then write a diary entry.
PE – Swimming continues this week and on Thursdays we shall be taking part in developing our Tennis skills.
French – We shall be continuing to look at the unit of clothes!
Music – Soundstart lessons will continue this week.
Reading – We shall be continuing with our class text, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll this week. We shall be basing our comprehension sessions around our class text.
Geography – We shall be starting our new topic, Rivers!
Art – We shall be looking at our new unit, landscape artists.