Summer 2 – Week 5 – 4th July 2022
Welcome to …
As usual, here are the objectives for the week ahead.
PE days remain Tuesday and Thursday.
This week Thursday, we will be organising the Reception Sports-Day.
- I can reason with angles (angles along straight line, angles on intersecting lines, angles within triangles and quadrilaterals, …).
- I can securely apply my place-value-knowledge (saying, writing, x-more or less, I am thinking of a number …, problem-solving)
- I can secure my mental addition and subtraction strategies.
- I can secure my written addition and subtraction strategies.
- I can engage in book talk.
- I can further develop my comprehension skills (Listen to / watch AG at inauguration performing The Hill we Climb. Hear, think, wonder) Discuss.
- I can use my knowledge of Amanda Gorman to create a biography.
- I can plan a newspaper article.
- I can write a newspaper article.
I can further expand and apply my Spanish vocabulary related to home.
- To describe and explain the life-cycle of an insect (continued).
- I can explore the idea/concept of Spirited Art (combination of Art and Religion).
- I can plan and create a piece of Art work for Spirited Arts Week.
- I can explore and practise poems and sound-scape.
- I can perform poems in sound-scape.
- Due to timings, this will be covered at various points over the next 3 weeks.
- I can continue to cut the pieces required for my design.
- I can assemble my product (tree-house).
- I can evaluate my work and add alterations to the initial design/plan.
Enjoy your Sunday evening.
Your Year 5 Team.