Welcome to Blackfriars Bridge Class
Welcome to the new academic year. We would like to welcome you and your child to Year 3.
The year 3 team consists of:
Miss Wheeler: Class Teacher
Mrs Glenn: Teaching Assistant
As the term draws to a close the children in year 3 continue to work hard. This week we will complete all work connected with our Shaping Up topic, together with work in RE. We will also complete the Apple’s Friends Programme and award certificates.
It has been a real pleasure to teach the children in year 3 this year.
Thank you to all parents who sent in money for popcorn on Friday. We raised £46.60.
We had a great day at Park Hill Recreation Ground on Wednesday. The children enjoyed all the activities and behaved really well.
This week the children have also really enjoyed creating advertisements for muesli.
This week our learning will be as follows;
- This week we will be enriching our learning on money by planning a popcorn sale. We will look at costings and potential profit and loss.
- In English we will rehearse our advertisements in small group. We will then use technology to create our adverts.
- In topic time we will consider whether the advertising of unhealthy foods aimed at children should be banned.
- In Design and Technology we will learn how to make moving pictures using a variety of mechanisms.
- In RE we will look at the importance of Holy Communion for Christians.