Welcome to Blackfriars Bridge Class
Welcome to the new academic year. We would like to welcome you and your child to Year 3.
The year 3 team consists of:
Miss Wheeler: Class Teacher
Mrs Tooze - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Glenn- Teaching Assistant
This week our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will be developing our skills in column addition and subtraction. We will solve problems using addition and subtraction.
- In English we will be continuing our unit of work based on the Bluest of Blues by Fiona Robinson. We will be writing letters in role as Anna Atkins.
- In history we will learn about why the Romans came to Britain.
- In science we will be introducing a new topic on plants.
- In PE we will learn to play cricket.
- In RE we will learn about Christian belief in the Holy Trinity.
PE will continue to be each Tuesday and Thursday. Children should wear their PE kits on those days.
This week we have a shorter week as we break up on Monday. The children have worked really hard this term both at home and at school. This week our learning will be as follows;
- In English we will be planning and writing an information text about beetles.
- In mathematics we will be assessing the children’s skills in number, place value and calculation.
- In RE we will be considering sadness and joy at Easter and making sadness and joy collages.
- In PE on Tuesday we will develop our Hockey skills. Children should come to school wearing their PE kits.
- In Relationship and Health Education we will focus on keeping safe using the NSPCC’s Pants activities. Further information can be found below.
We hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday.