Welcome to Blackfriars Bridge Class
Welcome to the new academic year. We would like to welcome you and your child to Year 3.
The year 3 team consists of:
Miss Wheeler: Class Teacher
Mrs Tooze - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Glenn- Teaching Assistant
This week our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will solve problems using our multiplication and division skills.
- In English we write newspaper articles based on themes raised in Lob by Linda Newbury.
- In science we will learn about the organs of the human body.
- In history we will be preparing for our Roman Day.
- In RE we will learn about the features of a church.
- In RHE we will continue to following the jigsaw scheme of work. This term we will learn about how babies and children grow and develop.
Well done to everybody for achievements at Sports Day this week. This week our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will continue our work on multiplication and division and will focus on scaling.
- In English we will plan newspaper articles based on Lob by Linda Newbury.
- In history we will learn about how life in Britain changed during Roman times.
- In science we will learn about bones.
- In RE we will be preparing for a visit by our local vicar and will be writing questions to help us find out about her role.
It looks like we will continue to have some hot weather next week. Please make sure that children have hats an water bottles in school.