Welcome to Blackfriars Bridge Class
Welcome to the new academic year. We would like to welcome you and your child to Year 3.
The year 3 team consists of:
Miss Wheeler: Class Teacher
Mrs Tooze - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Glenn- Teaching Assistant
This week we will continue learning at home. Our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will continue our work on place value.
- In English we will write non-chronological reports on volcanoes.
- In geography we will be learning about flow mountains.
- In science we will be learning how metamorphic rocks are formed.
- In RE we will learn how Buddhists care for our world through the story of Siddartha and the Swan.
All work is posted on google classroom. If you have any difficulty accessing the work please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy New Year and welcome to a new term.
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to begin the term working together in our classroom. For those children working at home, learning has been posted on Google Classroom together with a suggested timetable. This will be updated later in the week. Children in school will follow the same learning activities. Details of how to access Google Classroom can be found in the children’s homework diaries.
This week one teacher and one teaching assistant from the year 3 team will be working in school while the other teacher and a teaching assistant will support learning at home.
Learning will be based on the following topics;
- In mathematics we will focus on place value.
- In English we will learn to write a non-chronological report.
- In science we will investigate rocks.
- In geography we will learn about mountains, volcanoes and earthquakes.
- In RE we will consider why it is important to care for our world.
Please contact us on email@example.com if you have questions about your child’s learning or are unable to access learning on Google Classroom.