SUMMER TERM 1 TOPIC: Amazing Animals
THIS WEEK’S LEARNING
SPECIAL EVENT: Hispanic Day – Monday 16th May
LITERACY: Literacy this term will focus on developing the children’s ability to:
- blend to read with accuracy and fluency.
- demonstrate understanding of what they have read by answering questions about the texts they read
- use their phonic knowledge to spell and write words phonetically
- to begin to spell some high frequency words correctly eg. the, my, he, she, we, said,
- create and write their own ideas as sentences which can be read by themselves and others
Focus Book: Non- Fiction: The Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- visualise and use spatial language to describe numbers of dots
- represent the same quantities to 10 using 10-frames and double dice frames.
- match 10-frames with finger patterns and numerals
- use structured arrangements to show 10 and 9.
- represent ways to make 10 using structured arrangements.
- decide when to subitise and when to count quantities
UW: To find out and talk about different countries where the language of Spanish is spoken
Making observations of caterpillars as they go through metamorphosis
RHE: Relationships: To learn about showing respect in how they treat others
PE: Indoor and Outdoor Team Games