Autumn 1 – Week 1 – 5th September 2022
Welcome to our first week in Year Five.
Here are the objectives for the week ahead.
Our PE days this year will be Tuesday and Thursday.
- To explore and secure times-tables (4 & 8).
- I can identify the place-value of numbers up to 10,000 (incl. counting in intervals).
- I can apply the rounding rules to round to the nearest 10/100/1000.
- I can identify and use Roman Numerals to 1000.
- To explore sentence types (subordinate clauses).
- To expand and secure new vocabulary (linked to the class-read).
- To engage in book talk.
- To further develop prosody.
- To pause appropriately when reading aloud.
- To identify the key features of a character description.
- To write a character description.
To reactivate prior vocabulary from Year 4.
- I can identify the planets and their order in the Solar System.
- To secure the PANTS rules.
- To explore and commit to various class responsibilities.
- To develop a Class-Charter.
Enjoy your Sunday evening.
Your Year 5 Team.