Summer 2 – Week 4 – 27th June 2022
Welcome to our second week of … Design & Technology
As usual, here are the objectives for the week ahead.
PE days remain Tuesday and Thursday,
- To compare visibly different angles and use the terms acute, obtuse, right and reflex angles using amounts of rotation.
- To use degrees to estimate and measure angles (multiples of 10).
- To use degrees to estimate and measure angles (unit – degrees).
- To use degrees and suitable geometry tools to draw angles.
- To reason with angles (angles along straight line, angles on intersecting lines, angles within triangles and quadrilaterals, …).
- To identify the features of a non-chronological report.
- To research / plan for a non-chronological report.
- To write a non-chronological report.
- To write / edit a non-chronological report.
- To engage in book talk.
To expand vocabulary related to the home.
- To describe and explain the life-cycle of an insect.
- To use CAD to draw the design of the product (tree house).
- To explore and practise different marking, cutting and shaping techniques needed (incl. cutting the required pieces for your construct).
- To practise different joining techniques.
- Continue to cut the pieces required for your design.
- To assemble your product (tree-house).
- To evaluate your work and add alterations to the initial design/plan.
Enjoy your Sunday evening.
Your Year 5 Team.