Welcome to Waterloo Bridge Class
Class Teacher – Mrs K Fallon
Teaching Assistants – Mrs Glenn and Mrs Tooze
We are pleased to welcome your child to Waterloo Bridge class and are grateful for your help and support.
Children are asked to read at home on a daily basis and their book should be brought to school each day. It is helpful if parents can comment regularly in their child’s Reading Record, particularly when their child has finished their book. Children are responsible for changing and selecting their own books in the morning.
Children will be given homework each Friday to be handed in by the following Tuesday. Children are also asked to learn spellings and times tables at home. They are responsible for recording their homework in their homework diary.
Children are asked to bring to school a water bottle. They should have a waterproof coat when it is raining or the forecast is for rain.
- In mathematics we will learn to find equivalent fractions.
- In English we will retell the middle section of Philip Pullman’s Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp in writing before moving on to exploring the final section.
- In topic time we will complete our history topic, Stone Age to the Iron Age. Children have been asked to find out about one aspect of Iron Age life at home.
- In RE we will look at the symbolism of the Christmas story.
- In music we are working hard rehearsing our Christmas songs.
This week our learning will be as follows;
- In Mathematics we will continue to work on fractions, learning how to find fractions of quantities and to find equivalent fractions.
- In English we will explore and retell the middle section of Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp by Philip Pullman.
- In History we will compare three Bronze Age civilisations.
- In Science we will investigate the spectrum of light.
- In RE we will learn about Christmas symbolism. This will include making our own Christingles.