Welcome to Waterloo Bridge Class
Class Teacher – Mrs K Fallon
Teaching Assistant – Miss Hollie Halcombe
We are pleased to welcome your child to Waterloo Bridge class and are grateful for your help and support.
Children are asked to read at home on a daily basis and their book should be brought to school each day. It is helpful if parents can comment regularly in their child’s Reading Record, particularly when their child has finished their book. Children are responsible for changing and selecting their own books in the morning.
Children will be given homework each Friday to be handed in by the following Tuesday. Children are also asked to learn spellings and times tables at home. They are responsible for recording their homework in their homework diary.
Children are asked to bring to school a water bottle. They should have a waterproof coat when it is raining or the forecast is for rain.
As the term draws to a close the children in year 3 continue to work hard. This week we will complete all work connected with our Shaping Up topic, together with work in RE. We will also complete the Apple’s Friends Programme and award certificates.
It has been a real pleasure to teach the children in year 3 this year.
Thank you to all parents who sent in money for popcorn on Friday. We raised £46.60.
We had a great day at Park Hill Recreation Ground on Wednesday. The children enjoyed all the activities and behaved really well.
This week the children have also really enjoyed creating advertisements for muesli.
This week our learning will be as follows;
- This week we will be enriching our learning on money by planning a popcorn sale. We will look at costings and potential profit and loss.
- In English we will rehearse our advertisements in small group. We will then use technology to create our adverts.
- In topic time we will consider whether the advertising of unhealthy foods aimed at children should be banned.
- In Design and Technology we will learn how to make moving pictures using a variety of mechanisms.
- In RE we will look at the importance of Holy Communion for Christians.