Welcome to Waterloo Bridge Class
Class Teacher – Mrs K Fallon
Teaching Assistants – Miss Gourlay and Miss Smith
We are pleased to welcome your child to Waterloo Bridge class and are grateful for your help and support.
Children are asked to read at home on a daily basis and their book should be brought to school each day. It is helpful if parents can comment regularly in their child’s Reading Record, particularly when their child has finished their book. Children are responsible for changing and selecting their own books in the morning.
Children will be given homework each Friday to be handed in by the following Tuesday. Children are also asked to learn spellings and times tables at home. They are responsible for recording their homework in their homework diary.
Children are asked to bring to school a water bottle. They should have a waterproof coat when it is raining or the forecast is for rain.
This week our learning will be as follow;
- In mathematics we will learn to add and subtract fractions.
- In English we will continue our work around Lob by Linda Newbury. We will look at character and writing in role.
- In geography we will think about what it would be like to live in the Lake District.
- In science we will learn to complete a health check on another person.
- In RE we will write up the our entries to the Spirited Arts Competition.
This week our learning will be as follows;
- In mathematics we will be finding fractions of quantities.
- In English we will continue our work based on Lob by Linda Newbury. We will look at fronted adverbials, diary writing, story mapping and persuasive writing.
- In science we will learn about the heart.
- In geography we will begin a new topic about the Lake District.
- In RE we will work on our entries to the Spirited Arts competition. We are focussing on the themes of diversity and inclusion.
Well done to everyone who took part in Spanish Day. Everyone looked amazing and we were really impressed by the games everyone brought in.