Dear Reception Parents
HAPPY EASTER HALF TERM
Thank you for your patience as we adapt to the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in. Howard Reception staff are committed to supporting you and your children throughout this challenging period of school closures.
We recognise the need for everyone to take a break from school activities. So, during the two-week half term break, we will continue to provide weekly updates on this blog, to provide you with more open-ended projects and tasks which you may use if you’re looking for ways to keep the children and yourselves busy. So please scroll down for some helpful links to fun activities you can do on your home holidays.
We will start up again with more home school routines on Monday 20th April. For now, dust off all your board games and holiday games and enjoy the half term break as we all take some much-needed time to reflect and recharge our batteries before starting the new home school term.
We will endeavour to establish contact with each of you to ensure your child has access to learning materials during school closures. There are several ways in which you can stay connected to school. Please stay in touch, so we can make home learning accessible for all.
WAYS TO KEEP IN TOUCH:
• School Text Service. You can reply to school texts. This service is regularly monitored by Early Years Lead Miss Pillay, and any queries from both Reception classes will be addressed as soon as we can.
• School Email Service. Check your emails regularly for updates and please respond to our queries so we can ensure continued support.
• Direct email address to Miss Pillay: check your texts and emails for this temporary email address which is used for weekly word lists and any other enquiries for both Reception classes.
• Call the school. If you have not received emails or texts, call the school to check if we have your most up to date details
• Class Dojo. Class Dojo will now be our primary way of keeping in touch with you and your children so please sign up as soon as you can. Please log in using the code sent to your email. This is an excellent way for you and your child to interact with their class teachers. You child will be able to complete tasks we set, which we will look at and give feedback. Staff will be available on Class Dojo Mon- Fri 9.00-3.30 during term time, just like usual school hours. However, you are welcome to post at any time, staff will respond during usual school hours.
Take care, keep safe and enjoy the sunshine (from your window)